TEFL Teacher Certificate
While the Jiao Tong University TEFL certificate course is, of necessity, rather TEFL orientated, the fact that predominantly native English speakers follow this course in China inevitably means that the majority of the participants will eventually be teaching at Chinese schools.
For this reason, some time will be spent explaining the Chinese education system, and matters peculiar to the rather competitive Chinese education environment, including what makes a Chinese student tick.
The TEFL Course student will be asked to write an essay on an education topic as directed as examination piece for submission at the final lecture.
Successful candidates will receive the coveted Jiao Tong University TEFL certificate.
Start Date : 9th March 2017(8 weeks)
Time: 9.30 am - 12.30 pm (Every Tuesday)
TUITION FEE : 4,600 RMB
TEFL Teacher Certificate course content
Our TEFL course will cover all the critical areas of training for teaching English as a foreign language, with special attention given to issues relating to teaching in China. The basic course outline is stated below and will be completed over the 6 weeks period.
- The Chinese Education System
- English language Education in China
- What Makes A Chinese Student Tick
- British English vs. American English vs. Strine
- Important Factors in Teaching English as A Foreign Language
- Tips for Novice Teachers
- How to be a Good Teacher
- How to Motivate Students to Greater Achievement
- Planning Your Lessons
- Report Writing
- How to Manage Your Class
- Disciplinary Action
- Testing for Results
- The Importance of Homework
- Group Discussions
- English Vocabulary
- English Pronunciation
- Improvement of Listening Skills
- Improvement of Speaking Skills
- Improvement of Writing Skills
- Using Games, Songs, Drama for Role Playing
- Teaching Methods for Kindergarten, Primary, Junior and Senior High School
- The Use of Information Technology in the Classroom
ANNUAL HOLIDAYS *
There will be no lectures on scheduled Public Holidays 2016. Sometimes the preceding or post holiday weekend may be designated a working weekend by Goverment decree.
Chinese New Year 2016 7 Feb - 13 Feb
QingMing festival 2 Apr - 4 Apr
Labour day Holiday 30 Apr - 2 May
Dragon Boat festival 9 Jun - 11 Jun
Mid-autnmn festival 15 Sep - 17 Sep
National Day Holiday 1 Oct - 7 Oct
Christmas Holidays 23 Dec - 25 Dec
New Year Holiday Jan 2017
Chinese New Year 2017 27 Jan 2017 - 2 Feb 2017
* Subject to confirmation and change
Please check our Lecture Calendar for Course Schedule.
Many of our students have expressed their satisfaction with the courses they followed. Here is a sampling of some of them. We are confident that you will be happy too.
SUBSCRIBE TO âJIAO DAâ NEWS
Alumni like to keep in touch with their Alma Mater and we will be happy to keep you informed on the latest news, developments, happenings and, maybe celebrations./div>